Cancelling a timeshare contract is possible but it’s not easy, which is what makes our services so valuable. Don’t worry, most problems must have a solution but not everyone is accepted into our program. We have to ensure our customers qualify first and foremost. It is our policy to have our complementary consultation to help us understand your situation, prior to on-boarding new clients and beginning our process. After we’ve collected everything we need we send it in for review. One of our representatives or a case manager will advise if you qualify for the program after considering all factors sent in. Our goal is to help you find answers to the questions you have searched all this time for: How to cancel a timeshare, and who is the best timeshare cancellation company for you?
We do not advise our clients to stop making payments on your timeshare, unless you are in a financial hardship where you are unable to make your payments. Failure to make your payments may result in negative and derogatory marks on your credit file. You may be sued or you could face foreclosure.
If you, like many other people, met a timeshare sales agent, you might have been invited to a free delicious breakfast, or a chat with promises of a free tour. You might have been bothered by that person and maybe you yielded to pressure to sign a contract that you didn’t really want to sign.
The good news is you have the opportunity to rescind your timeshare within several days of signing the contract, but each state varies. The average rescission period usually ranges from 5 to 7 days. It is even more concerning when you are 5 days into your contract and you have no idea what to do. Do not hesitate to call us if you are in this situation so we can provide you recommendations based on your situation and a few other factors. We will give guidance to help you rescind the contract so you don’t go through what our clients do after the rescission period. We do not solicit our visitors or clients to exit their timeshare. As a matter of fact, we do not run any outbound or disruptive call initiatives. If you are reading this, it’s because you have already made your decision to get help in exiting your timeshare. If you are happy with your timeshare, we encourage you to keep it!
You have spent hours of your time researching, and even with a certain degree of stress – on Google or Bing search engines – and have managed to corroborate certain data that most websites or Blogs share in common, such as:
- Vacationers or timeshare victims have been persuaded with gifts and rides by cunning vendors who do not disclose the negative aspects of a timeshare vacation membership.
- The victims have signed, under persuasion and influence of the seller, a perpetual contract that obligates them to pay fees and maintenance for life.
- Maintenance costs are increased year after year.
- Many users who acquired fixed weeks on repeated occasions fail to enjoy their right to use the property due to lack of availability during high seasons.
- The problem of resale of a timeshare has brought new fraudulent schemes into the market.
- The timeshare market has attracted more “predators” who claim to be able to carry out the sale, cancellation and even reversal of the timeshare contracts. However, the reality is that their cancellations can cost too much and there is little follow-through.
- Consumer protection laws differ from state to state and are applied in very different ways in each country. This means that what might work for some users, in the EU, for example, will not work in the US and other countries around the world.
- Many or most of the results you get on Google or Bing show you sites focused on countries like the UK and the USA while online information that could be useful for residents in other countries, especially the developing ones, are very scarce.